Imagineering Clubs are weekly out-of-school clubs run throughout the academic year where pupils have fun making a series of working engineering models from kits which they can take home when completed to share with their families. But the coronavirus pandemic has meant some changes.
Clubs are fun for all!
In an Imagineering Club
Working on the Wind Turbine
Learning to use tools
The coronavirus pandemic has halted the normal run for most of the Clubs but there are some alternative options enabling pupils to enjoy the fun of making the projects.
As well as operating throughout the academic year, termly options are available.
However, more importantly the projects are still available individually. Order form here
All the exciting projects are linked to the National Curriculum.
In normal times, Clubs
- 12 children, girls and boys, mixed skills and backgrounds (Half size club option also available)
- may be led by a teacher/assistant or a volunteer engineer
- further volunteers, including willing parents
- (Download the General Schools and Tutors leaflets below for benefits to teachers and pupils
The Tabs on the left provide more detailed information.
- Click the Get Involved’ tab to find out more about how to get involved with Imagineering Clubs.
- The ‘Projects’ tab takes you to full descriptions of all the projects undertaken in the Imagineering Clubs and also highlights special packages available like ‘ElectroMagnetism’.
- ‘Resources’, includes some useful support material for teachers and deliverers.
- ‘Nat Curr Links’, this lists comprehensive National Curriculum links for each of the projects prepared by an experienced educationalist.
Click here to set up a new imagineering club: https://imagineering.org.uk/form-club-application
- Clubs run for an hour a week through the school year
- the ethos is to create a fun, friendly learning environment
- each session starts with key principles discussed
- safety is paramount and the use of tools is carefully managed
- most projects are completed in two to three weeks
- a fun session to use/play with the models is organised
- the cost for one year’s set of kits for either a Junior Engineering or Inter-Engineering Club equates to around £4.00 per child per session.
- termly packs of project kits to schools14 of each kit (12 students + for tutor + spare)
- illustrated instructions and a worksheet for each project
- National Curriculum links
- comprehensive tutor notes and supporting material on the website
- a list of recommended tools (see downloads below)
If you would like further information on getting an Imagineering Club started please read our Get Involved page as well as the documents available for download below or fill in one of the forms linked below.
“Apply to host an imagineering club”
“Apply to be an imagineering club tutor”
Alternatively view our Contact page and select a Foundation member to contact