Imagineering Clubs are weekly out-of-school clubs where pupils have fun making from kits a series of working engineering models which they can take home when completed to share with their families.
Celebrating YEAR OF ENGINEERING 2018
Clubs are fun for all!
In an Imagineering Club
Working on the Wind Turbine
Learning to use tools
Termly and yearly package options available.
* Click the Get Involved’ tab on the left to find out more about how to get involved with Imagineering Clubs.
* The ‘Projects’ tab takes you to full descriptions of all the projects undertaken in the Imagineering Clubs and also highlights special packages available like ‘ElectroMagnetism’.
* ‘Resources’, amongst other documents, include some useful and comprehensive National Curriculum links for each of the projects prepared by an experienced educationalist.
Click here to set up a new imagineering club: https://imagineering.org.uk/form-club-application
We have a number of Imagineering Clubs running across the UK - “Click here for our map”
- 12 children, girls and boys, mixed skills and backgrounds (Half size club option also available)
- may be led by a teacher/assistant or a volunteer engineer
- further volunteers, including willing parents
- (Download the General Schools and Tutors leaflets below for benefits to teachers and pupils)
- termly packs of project kits to schools
- 14 of each kit (12 students + for tutor + spare)
- illustrated instructions and a quiz worksheet for each project
- National Curriculum links
- comprehensive tutor notes and supporting material on the website
- a list of recommended tools (see downloads below)
- Clubs run for an hour a week through the school year
- the ethos is to create a fun, friendly learning environment
- each session starts with key principles discussed
- safety is paramount and the use of tools is carefully managed
- most projects are completed in two to three weeks
- a fun session to use/play with the models is organised
- the cost for one year’s set of kits for either a Junior Engineering or Inter-Engineering Club equates to around £4.00 per child per session.
If you would like further information on getting an Imagineering Club started please read our Get Involved page as well as the documents available for download below or fill in one of the forms linked below.
“Apply to host an imagineering club”
“Apply to be an imagineering club tutor”
Alternatively view our Contact page and select a Foundation member to contact
“Click Here to see activities in a club “