Imagineering Clubs operate after School where students have fun making from kits a series of working engineering models which they can take home when completed to share with their families.
Making Hydraulic Arm
Currently we have over 140 Imagineering Clubs running across the UK – Click here for our map.
Typically a club will have;
- 12 children, girls and boys, mixed skills and backgrounds
- may be led by a teacher/assistant or a volunteer engineer
- further volunteers, including willing parents
- induction training for new tutors and teachers
- a contact network and assistance through the website
- termly packs of project kits to schools
- 14 of each kit (12 students + for tutor + spare)
- illustrated instructions and a quiz worksheet for each kit
- comprehensive tutor notes and supporting material on the website
- a list of recommended tools (see downloads below)
- Clubs run for an hour a week through the school year
- the ethos is to create a fun, friendly learning environment
- each session starts with key principles discussed
- safety is paramount and the use of tools is carefully managed
- most projects are completed in two to three weeks
- a fun session to use/play with the models is organised
- the cost for 2013/14 for one year’s set of kits for either a Junior Engineering or Inter-Engineering Club is £660 (plus VAT), which equates to less than £2.00 (plus VAT) per child per session.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR SCOUTING GROUPS
Imagineering is able to support Scouting on a Group basis by making available for purchase, at a special rate, various project kits to assist supporting activities or elements of the Scouting Badge Programme.
Downloads below – order form/flyer and schedule and description of models and kits and how they relate to Scouting activities and badges.
If you would like further information on getting an Imagineering Club started please read our Get Involved page as well as the documents available for download below. Alternatively view our Contact page and select a Foundation member to contact.
Click Here to see activities in a club